Friday, September 22, 2006

I'm A Concern Troll

Starting this blog last year was the best thing I could've done because I don't have to worry about dealing with diarrhea diatribes like this.

It is 48 days until the elections. Our slate of candidates are set. We have alot of ground work to do to get out the vote. So now is the time for you to work on that, for surely you would rather Democrats win in 48 days than Republicans, no matter what your disagreement.

If I see any type of "concern troll" comments talking about how the Democratic Party has lost it way or that certain candidates are either too liberal or too conservative to garner their support, I will not investigate whether such sentiments are genuine or not. I will assume they are Republican or Green concern trolls who wish us ill. And I will troll rate them. If I see a diary entitled "I hate the Democratic Party," I will troll rate the comments supportive of it therein. Whether the "concern" comes from the right or left, such comments have no place on Daily Kos this close to an election. Such comments aid the Republicans and do not help the Democrats.

I've never been much of a partisan. In fact, until the 2000 elections I was registered Independent and only switched my affiliation to Democrat to be able to vote in the primaries. I figured that if I wanted to have candidates whose policy stances were in line with mine - decidely liberal - and solid enough to resist infection by the 'finger-in-the-wind' disease, then I needed to support them with a vote in the primaries against corporate centrists.

It didn't take long for me to realize that the pool of candidates that get me truly excited was/is evaporating faster than the Santa Cruz River. Rep. Raul Grijalva, my congressman for the past year or so, is an exception and someone whom I admire greatly. That being said, how fucking arrogant do you have to be to tell someone to STFU when they are raising their very valid and very real concerns?

I get politics. I understand that in order to succeed in this "game" that you have to play along with the rest of the jokers in power. The problem is - that is exactly what is sending the country and the world down the gawdamned path to hell.

By silencing people who are on the receiving end of the shit sandwich being served in abundance by Washington, you are basically telling them to inform the chef that they would like a fourth and fifth serving - with a Please and Thank You added in for good measure.

Fuck. That.

Here's an example of one of the entrees being served this year: The Democratic Party annointed a candidate in the Pennsylvania Senate Race that has the exact same stance on abortion rights as Man on Dog Santorum, along with a whole other slew of policy-stance similarities. If you can't see why a pro-"I make my own medical decisions, not you" female in Pennsylvania is railing against the Dems - then I suggest you get up from your cena de mierda mole and make your way to the optometrist.

Here in Arizona, I'm sick - SICK - of hearing Democrats take the Republican frame on immigration and run with it. It has now become conventional wisdom that we have to SECURE THE BORDER NOW!!!™ in order to move forward with any comprehensive reform and don't forget to say you OPPOSE AMNESTY!!!™ for good measure.

Nevermind taking the offense by shaming the hardliners for their dismissal of human rights and redirecting the blame where it belongs - economic policies that have devastated any form of balance between U.S. and non-U.S. corporate bank accounts. No, no. It's a much easier path to pander to the worst of human emotions and score your wins that way.

And it's all about winning, right? That's the end game if you follow the logic of the STFU Brigade. "Your concerns matter, wink wink, but we HAVE to get control of Congress first until we can work on those issues. Now, if you don't mind, please go sit at the back of the bus so we can strategize our route with the driver. Thank you, and don't forget to vote for Candidate X."

Hugo Chavez, aside from the hilarious diablo and sign-of-the-cross routine at the U.N. this week, had this to say
As Chomsky says here, clearly and in depth, the American empire is doing all it can to consolidate its system of domination. And we cannot allow them to do that. We cannot allow world dictatorship to be consolidated.

The world parent's statement -- cynical, hypocritical, full of this imperial hypocrisy from the need they have to control everything.

They say they want to impose a democratic model. But that's their democratic model. It's the false democracy of elites, and, I would say, a very original democracy that's imposed by weapons and bombs and firing weapons.

What a strange democracy. Aristotle might not recognize it or others who are at the root of democracy.

What type of democracy do you impose with marines and bombs
Indeed.

When the Democratic Party decides that they're done with passive-aggressive opposition to the imperialism displayed by the Bush-led government, then you will see miraculous conversions of concern trolls to strong allies. For now, tenemos mal aire de todos lados.

No comments: