Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Idle Thoughts

The way we look at the world is determined by what motivates us.

For as long as I can remember, I've always held teachers in high esteem. I was fortunate to have a decent slate of educators throughout my years and found myself fully aware of the impact they were making in my life. And I let them know it. It has created lasting bonds with many of them and I try to keep in touch as the years pass.

I've always said something to my friends that goes alittle something like this: "There are three types of people in the world. The first will go into a situation and make it better. The second will go into a situation and make it worse. The third will go and decide that the status quo is acceptable and disappear into the crowd."

As an imperfect human being, I do an intricate charro dance between the three, but my heart resides in the first type. My communication/leadership style is based on consensus-building and lots of listening. It's also built on awareness that personality plays a huge roll in productivity. The way one interacts/engages with an introvert is very different than when they are working with an extrovert. (I'm a Myers-Briggs ENFJ, in case you were wondering, borderline INFJ)

I'm rambling on and on about this for a couple of reasons. The first was the Mercury Retrograde thread at Village Blue, which explained some of the astronomical hijinks currently in place, and the second was because I've been observing the various blog threads on the current violence erupting in Lebanon and realized that people were offering tons of opinions with very little communication occurring.

How do we break out of that? Is it just a reality that we have to deal with given the fact that we are operating based on the written word of another, or is there a better way? ...just some stuff I've been pondering as the clouds continue to rumble around my head.

Well, and of course, there's always this
An 11-year-old girl crossing the desert with her 17-year-old sister died Saturday, probably of heat exposure, officials said Tuesday.

Officials also found three dead bodies over the weekend believed to be illegal entrants.

Olivia Luna Nogueda and her older sister, Marisol, left their hometown of Acapulco, Guerrero, to cross the border Friday with a group of about 20 people, said Alejandro Ramos, a spokesman for the Mexican Consulate in Tucson.

The girls were hoping to reunite with their parents who were already in the country, working in Atlanta.
If you're into battling trolls, check out the comment section of that article. Absolutely disgusting.

[UPDATE] More idle thoughts: I really wish the "big blogs" in blogtopia (y!sctp!) would spend at least half the energy they do attacking Joe Lieberman on the Republicans that are facing strong challenges. I'm not a fan of Joe, but where's the crossblog effort to get rid of rabid freaks like Jon Kyl? Just sayin'...

Crossposted at the ePluribus Media™ Community site

No comments: