Thursday, August 17, 2006

Meta Meta Meta

Just a heads up, I'm taking a long weekend to get out of the desert heat and relax for a few days. So, I won't be around from Friday to Monday. I'll make sure Bud holds down the fort tomorrow, but I'll trust the regulars around here to keep the lurking trolls entertained (yes, we have them, but they're of the trollus emailatae variety)

Other than that, things are running smoothly. I'm happy to have added a couple of new voices to this humble space. Scribe's words evoke powerful emotions, which I think we have to be in tune with to help break out of the ongoing cycle of outrage that the headlines provide. Also, Janet has been given posting privileges, which she hasn't used yet ;-), as I consider her on-the-ground protest work to be both noble and desperately needed.

Of course, there is also the (very, very, very)1000 much appreciated Sunday Roundups provided by Nanette. It takes alot of work to compile those lists and is also a great way to see what each of us are doing in our own way to either stop the political insanity or simply offer the world some beauty in photos or storytelling. I love each of the different sites that are building stronger everyday, thanks for all of your contributions to this world.

Okay, that's about it for now. Gotta finish up some work so I can get out of here on time today! And don't think I forgot:


No comments: