Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I'm On AntiBiotics For Ted Barlow Disease

Ted Barlow Disease, you ask? I'll let skippy asplain:
let's face it, blogging is only slightly more productive than masturbation, and a whole lot less fun. unless you are one of the lucky more talented ones, like kevin drum, who gets paid for blogging, or lucky smart ones, like atrios or kos who have big enough audiences to command mucho dinero for their blogads, chances are you won't get paid enough for blogging to buy a 15 inch monitor.

so that means one of two things, if you're a blogger. you are either really stupid and like to waste your time writing inconsequential things probably nobody ever reads, or you are incredibly dedicated to your political ideals and believe you are making a difference, as well as being really stupid and like to waste your time writing inconsequential things probably nobody ever reads.

either way, sooner or later reality is going to sneak up and bite you on the ass. and the reality is, life away from the keyboard is not only more tangible and fulfilling than blogging, it's ultimately better on your lower back and eye strain.
Well, amigos, life has certainly snuck up and bit me on the nalgas, BUT, ironically, the political firestorm that is documented everyday in blogtopia (yes! skippy coined that phrase), is the main culprit.

As I type, George Bush is on my television outlining an escalation to the war in Iraq. The propaganda masters have spent the past few days leaking information about the speech, so there isn't much new bile to digest. I'm not a fan of chewing on bile to begin with, so it's not surprising that the prospect of expansive war has taken my mood to a dark place.

It is quite depressing that the War Machine will continue to grind out human chorizo for the unforeseeable future. These prospects have sucked the energy out of me to write, which is why I have not been around as much for the past couple of weeks. There are also technical issues with my laptop, but that's for another day. So, rest assured that I'm on antibiotics from Ted Barlow Disease but there will probably be some lingering symptoms until this pseudo-medical condition improves.

By the way, here is one pill that I'm digesting at the moment, courtesy of AmericaSaysNO.org:

EXTRICATION, NOT ESCALATION

The American people voted for peace last November. Bush is ignoring the people's will and moving to escalate. Is this Viet Nam all over again? Join us! This is the time of our regular weekly peace vigil (since 1981), but this Thursday people are protesting all over the country so lets have a big turnout. Remember - parking meters not enforced after 5 pm so there is plenty of parking.
January 11, 2007
From: 05:00 PM until 06:00 PM

Address

FEDERAL BUILDING, DOWNTOWN 300 W. CONGRESS

Directions

CONGRESS AND GRANADA

The United for Peace and Justice Coalition has another pill, but unfortunately my health insurance doesn't pay enough of the premium for me to take it on January 27th. My heart and my solidarity are with those who do stand up physically against these Imperial Warmongers.

As I've written countless times, I'm sick of war. It is coming to the point, however, that it is making me sick of documenting the atrocities.

To my fellow PeaceMongers - Namaste

No comments: