Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Navel-gazing

What's the point of this site? There are plenty of political blogs out there. This may sound selfish but it's the truth: it's all about me.

Each day I become more and more appalled at the state of our democracy in the United States. I have watched as our constitutional checks and balances are eroded, portions of our people are marginalized, and poverty continues to spread.

I am a bleeding heart liberal. I take it very personally when I see one of my fellow human beings being kicked around and used as targets for political points. Take your pic: homosexuals, muslims, illegal immigrants...the list goes on and on and on. I am sick of it.

My bullshit meter is very refined. Due to this, I can barely stomach anything that is spewed forth from the podium at the White House. Whether it's Scott McClellan or Bush himself, I know that I'm being fed a truck-load of manure with their political spin.

We are living in dangerous times and Bush has been a failed leader when it comes to ensuring that we do a better job of protecting ourselves. It is a farce to think he is strong on homeland security--take a look at the facts. The truth will destroy their lies.

I started this site to get my voice down on "paper". I don't really care if I get five or 500 hits in a day. I'm doing this because I care about my country. I yearn for the days when we can again proudly live up to this inscription that can be found on the Statue of Liberty:

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."


What do you wanna see here?

No comments: