Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A Light in the Darkness

These words just restored balance to my soul:

In my life... I have learned two great lessons -- there will always be heartache and struggle, and that people of strong will can make a difference. One is a sad lesson; the other is inspiring. I choose to be inspired.

--John Edwards


I don't like to be angry. Anger is a destructive emotion that murders the inner-purity of a person's being. It rots from the inside-out; spreading and poisoning.

...but I don't know how else I'm supposed to react to this Administration. I really don't. Their actions truly appall me. I read the news or watch T.V. and end up frothing with rage, to the point where I want to run down the street screaming at the top of my lungs.

I know it's not good for me, but I can't remain silent. I won't! So what's the solution? What the fuck should we do now? It's been exactly one year since the election. There is a cloud over the country. How do we change the wind?

How?

No comments: