Notice served on this, the 4th day of December, 2008 by Flagstaff Immigrant Rights Enforcement (FIRE) for the immediate deportation from the Flagstaff area of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers and officials.Video:
FIRE charges ICE with the following activities deemed criminal and in violation of human rights. These activities include but are not limited to:
- Terrorizing entire communities resulting in the destruction of over 34,000 families within the last year alone, including most recently, 16 persons within the immediate Flagstaff area.
- Causing fear that has extended into the hearts of our community's children, who, due to your presence, live in constant trauma of returning to an empty home.
- Taking no meaningful measures to ensure the well-being of those impacted by family members' deportation.
- Perpetuating institutionalized racism and practicing racial profiling.
- Aiding and abetting border militarization on both sides of the US- Mexico border.
- Creating and upholding the myth of "illegal human beings".
- Enforcing and benefitting from a global economic system that criminalizes labor and creates deathly low wages.
- Enforcing immigration policies on borders drawn on indigenous lands.
- Misappropriation of taxpayer funds for aforementioned terrorist activity while education, health care, and housing services
via National Network for Immigrant and Refugee Rights