Monday, December 05, 2005

Blogging from the mountain...

I have been in major introvert mode this past weekend. My family had two special celebrations that caused me to look back inside to who I am as a person and helped me to re-center my balance.

I'm tired of being angry, yet there is so much to cause my anger. War, torture, injustice, it seems like everywhere I look there is strife. It's easy to let that consume me, and it has for awhile.

This weekend, however, I saw the good that exists in our common humanity. My family was reunited to celebrate life and the value that is placed in fellowship. My soul was able to smile again for the first time in a while, and it was good for my spiritual health.

The internet can be a kooky place. On the blogs you interact with names and sometimes faces, but there's so much missed in the personal touch. I recommend everyone take regular time to step away from the keyboard and enjoy the freshness that can be found in the open air.

Here's a picture I took a few weeks ago in my hometown. It is part of a 360 degree sight that is breathtaking. There is a reason they are a part of the Superstition Mountains.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: