Saturday, August 11, 2007

Weekend Musings

Yeah, yeah - I'm breaking my "Don't Blog on the Weekend" rule, but I'm rewarding myself with a quiet weekend and have blogging on my mind. The question posed in the title is something that I've been pondering for awhile.

This site has evolved over the past couple of years into something I never would've imagined. Every comment, every tick of the Feedburner or StatCounter numbers, every guest post - everything is a humbling experience for me. It's nothing that I expect, but am certainly happy when it happens.

Raking through the muck each day is not an easy thing to do. It can be demoralizing and apathy-inducing, which is why I wrote the Blogging 2.0 post as some type of antidote (at least, in my view). Anyone who has met me in real life knows that I prefer to spend my energy connecting with people that 1) allow me to be me without any asterisks 2) oftentimes surprise me with fresh perspective and 3) know how to laugh or cry or teach or hug or just take that deep breath when the breeze comes through, reminding us that the earth is indeed alive.

[fast-forward about 30 minutes]

Just got off the phone with my godson and his wife, my cousin who's like a sister - they're gonna have a baby! I'm gonna be a tio! The Permanent Smile is in effect. :-D

No comments: