Monday, February 04, 2008

Blogroll Amnesty Day

Photobucket

Since there are habanero flakes in my bloodstream, I'm not one to go down the path of assimilation without resistance; hence the reason that I'm a day late for Blogroll Amnesty Day. Actually, the delay had more to do with a self-inflicted injury involving the consumption of mass (liberal!) quantities of fermented hops but who ever let details get in the way of propaganda? Surely, not I.

If you pay any attention at all to the two blogrolls over there on the right ------>
you'll note that the lists expand pretty regularly. That's because this blog is proud to have a liberal(!) blogrolling policy, where you're guaranteed a link from here if you reciprocate over at your site. I'm always on the hunt for good reads, too, so some of the offerings are based on stuff that I unearthed in my latest bout of procrastination. It's amazing how quickly you can be captivated by a new-to-you author, or realize that one of your favorite dead-tree writers is sharing their musings on the web.

Borders are something that I reject, if any of the writing over the past 31 months here will tell you anything - which is why I also have some of the offending so-called A-List sites listed in my blogroll that are responsible for blogroll bloodbath anniversary remembrance day; because due to an ironic twist of fate, the lines of blogtopia (yes! skippy coined that phrase) jumped around me with the crash of a gate and I, like others, found myself wandering listlessly through forsaken territory - only to learn that it's much more livelier (and liberal!) out here without the need to calculate the next post based on the prevailing meme of a corporate-ruled political system or the falling rates of an advertising network.

As web activists, we should be willing to share the work of each other con gusto. The 'we' depends on who you read, obviamente, but as you'll see if you check in with my periodic Pro-Migrant Blog Roundups, the center of the blogptopic universe does not revolve around the sites that have knighted themselves as The Netroots™. We are much more diverse (and liberal!) out here, and who knows, maybe you'll find us wandering the pages of the Wall Street Journal or the Washington Post speaking a different truth.

So without further ado, I am recommending in honor of Blogroll Amnesty Day, the following sites to keep you away from that latest task that you've been putting off for the last week:
And one for fun:
  1. Hasta Los Gatos Quieren Zapatos

No comments: