Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It's All Fun and Games Until...

...you stab your cuñado.

Maybe the Democratic debates should come with an R rating.

Things turned violent in a Montgomery County home during a televised debate between candidates Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton.

It ended with Obama supporter Sean Shurelds being taken to Hahnemann Hospital with stab wounds that were allegedly inflicted by his brother-in-law, Clinton backer Jose Ortiz.

linkage

The chingasos happened last Thursday during the debate in Tejas. I seriously doubt that last night's snooze-fest in Ohio could inflame such idiocy. Unless, of course, you found your temper boiling at the lack of pillows on the stage.
SEN. CLINTON: Well, can I just point out that in the last several debates, I seem to get the first question all the time. And I don't mind. I -- you know, I'll be happy to field them, but I do find it curious, and if anybody saw "Saturday Night Live," you know, maybe we should ask Barack if he's comfortable and needs another pillow. (Laughter, boos.) I just find it kind of curious that I keep getting the first question on all of these issues. But I'm happy to answer it.

linkage
To be fair, I think both Democratic candidates need to put the brakes on petty side-skirmishes like this. It's coming from both directions, while things like this hit the headlines of communities:
The U.S. Supreme Court may shed light on a festering legal issue when it rules on a Tucson case involving a warrantless search of a suspect's car, but the decision likely won't affect a lot of people, lawyers say.

"It's an interesting legal problem," said University of Arizona law professor Gabriel J. "Jack" Chin. "But it's probably not going to be a landmark."

The justices announced Monday they will hear arguments in a case involving Rodney Joseph Gant to decide whether officers must demonstrate a threat to their safety or the need to preserve evidence to justify a warrantless search.

linkage
'Cuz warrantless searches are all the rage in this day and age.

No comments: