- Senate fighting with White House over their opposition to Medicare relief for Katrina victims
- White House renews vow to veto defense-spending bill due to anti-torture amendment (translation: they still want to torture human beings)
- Pentagon finally agrees to reimburse soldiers who bought their own body armor that wasn't provided to them in the first place
- Democrats fighting the effort of the GOP-led congress to cut food-stamp relief for poor Americans
- Rep. Istook (R-Oklahoma) announces candidacy for governorship, will leave Congress
- FEMA asks for $30.3 million in hurricane aide to be returned from Floridians affected by last year's storms.
What else is happening at the end of this busy news week?