Monday, April 23, 2007

Tag, I'm It! And Maybe You Too?

How can I resist the reciprocation? Especially after James said such nice things? It's always such a humbling experience to see that people actually read what you have to write, rant, and fuss about on the tubes. James is a cool cat, someone who never fails to offer a link, comment, or tune that I can dig.

So, with that, here's some other peeps that I've come to encounter online that I'm always happy to read and hear from:

Duke over at Migra Matters: This man has opened me up to the world of policy with respect to the immigration debate. He has been a mentor, a friend, and a hell of a blogging inspiration. Migra Matters is a top-notch blog that has helped to give a voice to the voiceless and slay the propaganda that fills the airwaves.

XicanoPwr: Wow. That's the only way to describe my reaction to every post he writes and shares with a vast audience at tons of blogs. Every screed he writes is ripe with commentary and linkage that gets me lost in the vast ocean of information and human rights advocacy.

Not enough can be said about the privilege I have to have encountered Nanette in the blogosphere: every word she writes and shares with us exudes life with a healthy dose of humor and compassion. I'm humbled that she's given so much effort to build community throughout various blogs with the Sunday Tour here. I could never repay her for her kindness and friendship.

Madman in the Marketplace and wilfred over at Liberal Street Fighter: When I first encountered Madman's words, he pissed me off, but I quickly learned that the reason was because he was boldly telling Truth that I already knew but didn't necessarily want to hear. Since I realized that, I found myself seeking out his commentary and hoping that all of the things he stood in the town square to proclaim would someday come true. Wilfred has given me tons of prods to seek out movies and movements that work to bring about a more progressive world. Many thanks to them both.

The last slot goes to the king of snark, boran2: I'm thankful that you continue to share your progressivism with us through your comments, diaries, and art. Whether it's about genetically modified food, the latest encounter with the wingnuts in your real life, or the beauty of subtle shadows added to a hot rod, the invitation to "Paint us a picture of your thoughts" is one that should be embraced my the world.

There are many, many more. Obviously; but to all the commenters, lurkers, friends and family that I've encountered online:

Muchísimas Gracias

No comments: