Friday, October 06, 2006

AZ Voter Registration Deadline This Weekend

[UPDATE] Apparently I'm an idiot. The deadline is Monday.

If you've been reading here for awhile, you'll see that I like to throw various Diebold references into my posts when it comes to electoral politics. I have major doubts on the accuracy of votes when there isn't some type of paper trail to cover all the bases. While some may call me a conspiracy theorist, I have a question for them: "Have lawmakers ever done anything crooked?"

(how's that for a strawman)

Anywho, regardless of the hackability of polls on Election Day, I still think it's vitally important that people engage in the political process. I would consider myself the paragon of hypocrisy if I spent X amount of hours each day writing these posts and not participate on November 7th. Please Note: that is a standard I only apply to myself.

Too many people sit on the sidelines when it comes to the decisions of government at all levels. In this era when the GOP goes out of their way to appease the rabid wing of their party and the Dems pretend they don't have a liberal wing, the balance has clearly sent our policies and direction to the rightward path (nearly 2/3s of the people think it's the wrong direction, btw).

There are plenty of good reasons to vote on November 7th - you can register your complaint with the status quo by voting for change and you can prevent atrocities from becoming law that enjoy dressing their hateful selves up as ballot initiatives.

Are you registered yet? If not, get thee to Service Arizona or Project Vote Smart for more info on who are your current politician employees.

No comments: