Thursday, October 05, 2006

Sushi and Blogger Bienvenidos

Had a great lunch with my boss and another co-worker today. Sushi was involved and it proved to be the magic bullet to improve my mood. Who knew?

XicanoPwr, who is one of the best bloggers out there, in my not so humble opinion, and I corresponded a few months ago trying to brainstorm ways for Latinos/Xicanos to have our/their voices added more strongly to the blogtopia (y!sctp) mariachi. I said something along the lines of, "Just write, the audience will find us. All we can do is offer our point-of-view like everyone else."

I'll be damned but recently tons of Latino-based blogs have been sprouting out of the tierra faster than California poppies in the White Mountains on the way to Pinetop. Please give a hearty ¡Bienvenidos! to the following blogistas that are new(ish) to me:
There's much more out there and I think it's a Good Thing™. We have a unique perspective on what it means to be a U.S. American in 2006. Our roots are indigenous and we're surrounded by legislators who are trying to pour Clorox on those roots. Little do they know, the bleaching job they're trying to pull on this country will prove to be pendejada.

No comments: