Monday, October 16, 2006

Senate Debate: Snot Stew Edition

When I was a young elementary kid, I read every book I could get my hands on. One of them that has stuck in my head is Bill Wallace's Snot Stew. Part of it was me being a travieso and liking the gross title, but the other was because it highlighted the petty bickering that most of us engage in on a regular basis.

"Is not!"

"Is too!"

"IS NOT!"

"IS TOO!"

"S' NOT!"

"S' TOO!"

"SNOT!"

"STEW!"
In a debate chock-full of accusations, name-calling and biting retorts, Senate candidates Jon Kyl and Jim Pederson agreed on one thing – the race has gotten downright ugly.

Out of all the pressing issues from immigration to the war in Iraq, the first question posed to the candidates was why both sides have run so many accusatory ads.

Kyl says Pederson has dragged the race down into the gutter and that some of his ads are downright false.

linkage
No wonder people stay away from the voting process. Would you want to eat a bowl of that stuff?

No comments: