Thursday, March 13, 2008

Opportunities on the Horizon

Ya know, it's amazing how quickly things can move. This site is quickly approaching three years old and, while I've been blogging a lot longer than that at other places, there's always a special place reserved for your own site in the heart.

I leave to Washington D.C. today to do some major networking with other blogging activists around the country. I'm deeply grateful for this opportunity and was flattered to be invited. Hopefully I will be able to add to the discussions that are planned on how to build a better online progressive/liberal presence that translates to change in the streets and throughout the electoral process.

As part of my trip, I'll also be attending the Take Back America Conference, which you will see linked at the top of the right sidebar. I'm looking forward to spending a week in the District of Colombia, but more importantly, getting better versed on how to come back and build a better network of activism.

We have a lot of work ahead of us and it's easy to get discouraged, but I am hopeful that with a more engaged electorate sprouting up all over the country, we can finally get this system of injustice and inequality on a more forward-looking trajectory.

I'll try to check in throughout the week, but until then, feel free to lay around and slack.


No comments: