The Southwest Network for Environmental and Economic Justice presents:
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Nogales, Arizona and Nogales, Sonora
Join us in a mass demonstration at the U.S.-México border to demand justice in our communities!
· The removal of failed border enforcement policies known as Operations Gatekeeper, Hold the Line, Rio Grande, and Safeguard, which have included the construction of walls, stadium lights, drag roads, and checkpoints
· An end to the deaths of migrants along the U.S.-México border
· An immediate halt to the construction of walls between the U.S. and México
· The immediate removal of the U.S. National Guard from the Arizona border
· An investigation of the effects of border enforcement policies on border communities, particularly from an environmental and health perspective
· The creation of an independent entity, with full investigatory powers, to look into allegations of abuse by law enforcement officials under the Department of Homeland Security
Nogales, Arizona, US: 10am: Meet at Techea City Park (777 N. Grant Ave.) in Nogales. The march to the border will begin there.
Nogales, Sonora, Mx: 10am: Meeting place to be announced.
“We are one family; we have no borders”
For more information, please contact: U.S: Coalición de Derechos Humanos: 520.770.1373 o www.derechoshumanosaz.net
Sponsored by: Coalición de Derechos Humanos, Alianza Indígena Sin Fronteras, Danza Mexica Cuauhtemoc, Fundación México
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Cross-Border March in Nogales
[bumped up - Man Eegee]
Next This weekend in the sister cities.