Thursday, March 01, 2007

Tucson Weekly Lookin' for Suggestions

The annual Best of Tucson electoral race is coming soon and the gente over at the Tucson Weekly are looking for help to add categories and make sure the best (and snarky) of the Pueblo Viejo is highlighted.
(From Jimmy Boegle):

For you newbies, here's how the process works: For seven or eight weeks starting in April, we publish the official Best of TucsonTM ballot, featuring more than 130 categories. You, the stunningly intelligent reader, fill it out--following all the appropriate rules, of course--either online (preferred) or on paper. Then we tabulate the results, and all of us Weekly staffers and contributors go to work on the issue, mostly during the sleepy summer months. Finally, the issue hits the streets around the end of September--on Sept. 27 this year.

[snippity snip snip]

To view last year's BOT, check out our Web site. If you have any suggestions on categories to add or subtract, please drop me a line. My e-mail address is above; if you'd rather call, my direct line is (520) 295-4221. God help me, I answer the phone if I happen to be at my desk when you call; if I am away, leave a message. Any and all serious suggestions are appreciated, even if we don't end up using them. I thank you in advance for your two cents!
I read the Weekly faithfully and the BoT is, by far, my favorite issue. How can you go wrong with a Best Sonoran Hot Dog category?

No comments: