- Channel 3 - AZ Family
- Channel 5 - CBS Affiliate
- Channel 10 - Fox Affiliate
- Channel 12 - NBC Affiliate
- Channel 15 - ABC Affiliate
- Arizona Republic
- East Valley Tribune Contact Numbers
We have just received word about a dirty tactic being used against our campaign.
There have been several reports that someone is barraging homes in the 5th Congressional District with repeated recorded phone calls that give the appearance of being from the Harry Mitchell campaign. These calls happen late at night and occur several times in a row. The intent is to appear as if Harry is the one repeatedly disturbing these voters.
Let me say for the record that these calls are NOT coming from us.
Although we do not know for sure, we believe these calls are part of the Hayworth campaign’s efforts to suppress Democratic and Independent turnout by making people so angry about the number of recorded calls they’re receiving that they simply don’t vote. Furthermore, these calls make voters angry at Harry because they think he is the one responsible for them. It is a dirty trick, and we want to make sure you’re aware of it.
What You Should Do if You Receive These Calls
If you receive these calls, we request that you do the following:
1. If you receive the call(s) on voice mail, don’t erase it. Write a transcript of the call or share the recording with us.
2. If you pick-up the phone and receive one of these calls, don’t hang-up. Take notes of what the call says, paying special attention to the disclaimer at the end
of the call.
3. If you have caller ID, take a picture of the information you receive or write it down.
4. If it is a live call, hit ”*69” on your keypad to record the source.
5. Contact us as quickly as possible at 480-755-3343 or email us at email@example.com.
6. Warn your friends and neighbors about these calls, and assure them that the calls are not coming from the Harry Mitchell campaign.
With your help, we can capture the information we need to take proper legal action against these imposters.
In the meantime, I’ll apologize on behalf of Hayworth since something tells me he never will.
That’s because after 12 years in Congress, the best J.D. Hayworth can do is pull cheap political stunts and run sleazy, false, negative TV ads. He has nothing else to offer. And that’s exactly why we need a change.
As our most trusted volunteers and supporters, thank you for all the support you have given to this campaign since the very beginning. We could not have come this far without you, and we cherish your friendship and support. That’s why we thought it was so important to make sure you knew about these calls right away and could help us set the record straight.
And that’s why, with your continued hard work and support, Harry Mitchell is going to be the next Member of Congress from Arizona’s 5th District!
Harry Mitchell for Congress - AZ-05