Friday, November 03, 2006

I Have A Question For John McCain

Mr. "Maverick" called my phone today to support Ron Drake's candidacy against my Congressman, Raúl Grijalva. Sorry, Johnny Boy, I already voted and enthusiastically supported the re-election of Raúl.

Last night Mr. "Maverick" came on my TV, telling me to support Len Munsil for Governor. Here, check it out:



Now, since we Arizonans value integrity and "straight talk" so much, does that mean we should take John McCain at his word next week? I would hate to find out that we all missed his cries for help prior to the deed.

Arizona Senator and probable 2008 Republican presidential candidate John McCain jokingly says he would "commit suicide" if Democrats take control of the U.S. Senate in this November's election.

McCain is in Iowa today (Wednesday), campaigning with GOP Congressmen Steve King and Tom Latham as well as Republican congressional candidate Jeff Lamberti. McCain spoke at a mid-day news conference in Des Moines, where McCain was asked what his reaction would be to a Democratic take-over of the Senate.

"I think I'd just commit suicide," McCain said, as the Republicans standing beside him burst into laughter. "I don't want to face that eventuality because I don't think it's going to happen...I think it's going to be tough, but I think we'll do o.k." A few moments later McCain turned to Congressman Latham and joked that Latham would probably commit suicide first, as polls suggest control of the House is likely to swing to Democrats in this year's election.

linkage


Suicide. Har Har. How very bi-partisan and senatorial of him.

No comments: